Richard has over 20 years of experience, specialising in all areas and issues arising on divorce or separation, whether married or non-married couples, financial and property matters, child arrangements and domestic violence protections, as well as pre-nuptial, post nuptial and cohabitation agreements.
A Resolution trained Collaborative lawyer, Richard is experienced in dealing with high net worth financial remedy cases, with complex asset portfolios including family businesses, third party interests, hidden and overseas assets, and complicated children cases with issues of welfare concerns, domestic violence, and international elements, including child abduction and removal from the jurisdiction.
He is known for being approachable and accessible, with a no-nonsense approach to cases, providing clear, pragmatic and robust advice. Always endeavouring to find the best solution for his clients, and a creative solution, with a minimum of fuss and acrimony, recognising also that, whilst a marriage may be coming to an end, the family will continue where there are children from the marriage, with both parties having to be able to effectively co-operate and co-parent post-divorce.
Richard is experienced in dealing with:
- high net worth financial remedy cases, with complex asset portfolios
- family businesses
- overseas assets
- complicated children cases with issues of welfare concerns, domestic violence, and removal from the jurisdiction.
- cases with limited assets, endeavouring to find a creative solution to enable both parties to set up post separation.
Richard is skilled at working with other professionals in related disciplines to ensure the right advice and approach.
Recent Work highlights
- Helped Wife achieve multi-million pound settlement in case where assets and income had been hidden
- Acted for sports personality in a collaborative case
- Acted for Husband in complicated case regarding the liquidity and future of the family business
- Acted for Husband to be in multi-million pound pre-nuptial agreement
- Acted for Father in complicated case of removal of child from Mother’s care and jurisdiction
- Acted for grandparents in complicated child arrangements case
Richard has a Law degree from University of Leicester (1997) and went to the College of Law (Guildford) in 1998 where he received a Commendation.
Richard is a firm believer of making a contribution to the wider community – he is an organiser of the award-winning Henley Living Advent Calendar, U15s coach and Chairman of Woodley Wanderers Football Club.