Sanjay joined THP Solicitors in 2019 and brings a wealth of legal experience with the benefit of expertise in both corporate and commercial transactions as the two often overlap.
Sanjay has advised on a wide range of commercial property transactions from high street shops up to substantial development transactions. He has experience in all aspects of Commercial Property, particularly acting for landlords and tenants in connection with granting, renewing, assigning and subletting leases, as well as property and land acquisitions, disposals and financing. He specialises in:
- commercial property sales and purchases
- new commercial leases
- working with lenders looking to take a charge over property sales and purchases
Primarily acting for small to mid-sized owner managed businesses, Sanjay advises on corporate matters including business sales and acquisitions, shareholder and joint venture agreements and corporate restructuring. Sanjay is commended upon his ability to make legal complexities appear simple and having a pragmatic and commercial approach to getting deals done. He specialises in:
- business mergers, acquisitions, sales, disposals, MBOs and MBIs
- corporate restructuring
- joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements and partnership agreements
Recent work highlights include:
- Completing on a multimillion-pound property portfolio remortgage
- Corporate restricting arising from a departing shareholder together with a share reclassification and distribution of company voting rights
- Completing on a complex private lending development with an option to renew and secure further lending facilities
Sanjay was awarded his Law degree in 2010 and went on to complete the Legal Practice Course in 2011, both at Bournemouth University.